Monday, May 16, 2011

re-framing thoughts about food:

food will solve all my problems
food will only solve the problem of hunger or craving.


if i have food on my plate, i have to finish it
i can leave food on my plate, save it, or throw it away


food is my life
there is much more to my life than food


i need to be in tight control around food
i can be comfortable with food without being in tight control


food will make you fat
tuning out my body's signals of hunger and fullness/satisfaction will make me fat


i can never get enough food
i know when i've had enough food and feel pleasantly satisfied


if i start eating something i like, i'll never stop
i can stop eating when i'm full or satisfied


i'm ashamed of how i eat
i can eat without feeling ashamed


feeling good or bad about myself depends on what i eat or don't eat
how i feel about myself has nothing to do with what i eat or don't eat


denying myself food shows i'm in control of my eating and , therefore, deprivation and restriction equal emotional strength
strength and control come from exercising my personal power in the world, not from refusing food


thin equals a happy, successful, perfect life
people can be happy and successful at any size, but no one has a perfect weight


fat equals miserable, unhappy, and no deserving of or enjoying a good life
i deserve to be happy and to enjoy life at any weight


feeling proud or ashamed of myself depends on what i weigh
my feelings of pride or shame come from what i do, not what i weigh


it's too scary to gain weight, even a pound
there's nothing scary about gaining weight


i'll never be happy with my body
i'm going to start being happy with my body today


i can't trust my body to feed itself in a way that keeps me healthy and satisfied
i trust my body to make healthy food choices and to know when its satisfied with food


my body will never learn to say yes and no to food at the right times and in the right amounts
i can teach my body how to say yes and no to food at the right times and in the right amounts


what people think about my body is more important than what i think about it
what i think about my body is more important than what other people think of it











No comments:

Post a Comment