Monday, May 9, 2011

last night was...awful to say the least. i just felt so horrible and plus with my period, i was over emotional which made everything worse. i feel stupid and embarrassed for what happened, but i can't go back and change it. i have to start challenging my thoughts because, after all,  they are only thoughts and they cannot control me. i had heard about byron katire and her four questions some time ago from when mom got a book out by her. i read some of it and thought it was a good idea but never moved forward with it. the concept is simple, asking yourself if the thoughts you have are true. the four questions:
is it true?
can you absolutely know that it is true?
how do you react, what happens, when you believe the thought?
who would you be without the thought?

i feel like this could help me to really question the thoughts that i have of self-doubt and worthlessness. last night would have been a perfect time for this method. i was trying to fight the ed voice and negative thoughts in my head but didn't know how. i kept telling myself that they weren't true and that they were wrong but they over powered my small heart voice. next time this happens and just in everyday situations i will try to take a moment aside and ask myself these four questions and see if it helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment