Thursday, May 26, 2011

I read a post from the psych central blog about what it means to be healthy. the article was written by Margarita Tartakovsky and being healthy to her means:



  • participating in physical activities that make me feel alive and happy and that challenge me
  • listening to my body’s internal cues of hunger and satiety and responding to those cues as best as I can
  • sleeping enough (which I’m terrible at!)
  • eating what I love
  • feeding my body nutrient-rich foods
  • keeping healthy boundaries and being assertive
  • letting my feelings out
  • being honest with myself and others
  • accepting myself in all my glory
  • doing things that are truly fun and relaxing
  • feeling fantastic in my own skin, more often than not
She goes on to say how most people think being healthy is about strict rules and forbidden foods and rigid exercise and so on, when in reality when you have those things, you lose the enjoyment of everyday life. Being healthy is mostly about moderation and loving yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment