Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIAW #2: Randomness


So I'm a little late on the WIAW deal but whatever...yesterday was such a busy day for me. I left for Boston early for that study thing I mentioned last week and didn't get home until late afternoon. It was a decent drive (two and a half hours) and I am very proud to say that I didn't get lost! Even in the city, I couldn't believe it!
Anyways, I didn't really have time to record what I ate so I will be a day behind...how sad.

Some things that I will mention that happened this week so far:

Kezo

  • We had to put our collie (Kezo) down...we took him to the vet after noticing he was acting strange and what do you know, he had a huge tumor in his stomach which had spread all throughout his lungs...so it's been a sad couple of days having to say goodbye to him. He was a good dog. 
  • I went to Boston and got blood drawn and almost passed out because the doctor failed to notice that my arm had turned purple from the tight band they wrap around it....I was like 'um hello! I'm turning purple mister!' YIKES.
  • My kitten came for a walk with my mom and I, through the woods out back of our house...it must have been an hour long walk and he trampled his little legs through the snow the whole way...such a cutie!

So enough with that...here is what I ate:

Breakfast at 7am
Blood orange chobani yogurt with bob's rolled oats,
chia seeds, bee pollen, raw chocolate powder,
carob chips and some pure caramel flavor!

I went out for a long hour long walk with my Mom and got back I was starving.
Snack at 10am:

Organic pear with dark chocolate peanut butter
and a vitamin C packet. 
I have a tendency to just eat the pear and then eat the peanut butter with a spoon...it's so much better this way.

My Mom and I then headed out to the health food store to find some protein powder and obviously came back with more than just that! Protein powder, coffee, bananas, advil, tea, kombucha, and mints!

I did my arm and ab workout as soon as I got home and then had lunch.
Lunch at 1pm:
Salad with cottage cheese, cucumber, feta cheese and dressing,
and Ezekiel bread with
laughing cow cheese and cucumber, ham and ketchup. 

I made a shake with new protein powder, half a
 banana and chocolate coconut milk!
I am realizing that it's so difficult for me to get in the amount of calories I need so I pushed ED in the corner and ate lunch with a smile, knowing I was doing myself good. I hate going to bed stuffed because I didn't just eat enough during the day. So annoying. 

My mom and I took another nice walk since it was so nice out...47 degrees! woohoo! I had acupuncture at 5pm and let's just say I looked nothing like this lady in the picture below...I'm not sure anyone would look like this while getting tiny needles stabbed into their bodies...maybe it's just me, I don't know. All I know is that yes you can feel the needles and I can still feel them even now that I am home! How wonderful right?



Dinner at 6:30pm:

Brown rice pasta with peas and kale,
topped with lemon hummus and feta cheese

I can't even remember the last time I had pasta...it has been a fear food for some time now but I figured I might as well try something new and break from routine so yeah (insert ED voice screaming at me in full force)...he'll get over it :p

Snack at 7ishpm
I had to settle for the cranbran ones because they didn't have the chocolate...oh well, they're still super yummy. 

Not sure my plans for the rest of the night...might continue watching The Voice or maybe I'll go read or draw or something...who knows!


Loving this song right now!




6 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry about your arm turning purple. I don't do very well with blood tests either. :( And I'm so sorry about Kezo. I can't imagine the pain you must be going through; it's painful for me just imagining my life without Chip (my kitty) as I go off to college -- if I got a phone call saying he had to be put down, I don't know what I would do. You're so strong, Tayla. My prayers are with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you that means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am low weight now...NOT exercising...but at night I start to binge ...i accumulate about 1700 -2000 by end of night...but i binge on A LOT of that at 10 pm (chocolate, TOO much yogurt, fruit galore, granola, nuts,, etc)...my digestion is SO bad (body in pain cause of this...then i wake up and make myself eat breakfast but feel horrible and can't move my bowels :(
    AND I don't exercise...i'm so different than others...a failure...if u are not triggered easy and would chat you can email me at tara270@hotmail.ca .

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your eats look amazing Tayla! Chocolate coconut milk sounds sooo delicious.. and your salad looks awesome - i love cottage cheese to bits, and it is the BEST on top of salads :) And your dinner too.. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh pear and dark chocolate dreams is one of my favorite snacks ever!!! i am also obsessed with vita tops! um banana chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I haven't tried those kinds! Lucky. My grocery store only carries chocolate and cranberry...so sad. Thanks for your comment!!!

      Delete