It's Friday. Woot. Can you tell I'm not excited? I get excited for Sundays now...Friday's have lost their magical effect for me due to work and such.
Anyhoo, I really don't know what to write about today...kinda going blank. I do have some accomplishments that I'm proud of from the past week though and some new things I want to work on, so I guess I'll share these.
I'm proud of myself for:
- Somehow making it through Sunday brunch at the Cafe without completely dying.
- Taking a much needed rest day even though it was super duper crazy difficult to do.
- Going for a bike ride with my mom on Tuesday and not freaking out about having to go a certain distance or speed or whatever. I just relaxed and took in the views.
- Not letting my stomach issues (bloating, etc) effect my eating. I knew it wouldn't last forever...and guess what? they didn't!
- Sitting through uncomfortable feelings and talking back to Ed.
- Not having a single piece of gum for two weeks! Go me :)
- Cutting back on the amount of time spent on "body checking". This is HUGE.
I think I've made some great progress this past week. It's getting easier to feel uncomfortable and yet still push forward, which I know is what will get me to the point where I can be completely free.
Some of my recent goals I have, include:
- Drinking epic amounts of water. I tend to get dehydrated often and this is no fun. Water will also help my muscles repair themselves better which is awesome!
- Consuming more calories during the day time instead of at night. I try to "save" calories throughout the day and then freak out when it's night time and I still have over 1000 to go. I hate the feeling like I'm "binging" so eating more during the day, when my body really needs the calories, will hopefully help with this.
- Taking more rest days. As I've mentioned before, rest days and I DO NOT mix. I hate them (actually Ed hates them), but I know I need them in order to get stronger and I know my body appreciates the break :)
These will keep me busy, as they are far from easy in my book...
Okay so on a totally different note, I had acupuncture this past Wednesday and man, was I glad I went! Sometimes I dread going because I don't necessarily enjoy getting poked with needles, but on with my story.
Nothing exciting happened until he took my pulse and then preceded with saying how my "kidney pulse" (keep in mind this is Chinese medicine) was very strong. This is a good thing, he said because the kidney's are the bodies form of "willpower". So this means that I have very strong willpower and strength. He went on to say that this can be both good and bad and at the moment I am using this in a "bad" way. I use my strong willpower to restrict and deprive my body of daily needs. It's not hard for me to say, "oh no Tay you can't have that slice of cake, because you'll get fat." So in order to make use of this awesome trait, I need to start using my willpower to fight against those voices and Ed. It was kinda cool to hear someone else tell you this stuff because it's so true and it really hit home for me. If I'm so good with willpower, then I should be able to use it in order to recover right? I hope so. The last thing he said that totally made my night was that I was both "sensitive and strong" which is a "perfect combination".
Have you ever tried acupuncture? It's definitely made a huge difference for me!
Song I'm currently loving to workout to!!
Wow, really sorry I don't have any photos today...next time!