Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things that kept me up all night:

  • The obvious cold that traveled deep into my bones. 
  • The worries that I would surely get hypothermia and freeze to death. 
  • The noises I kept hearing: the wind, bugs in my ears, leaves rustling, squirrels, and the imaginary bear and moose I thought I heard. 
  • Not being able to get comfortable and always being afraid of moving for surely the hammock would fall. 
  • The worries about a bear getting into my poorly hung food bad and thus not having any food for the next day. 
  • The worries that because I was unable to treat my water (the solution was empty), my throat hurt and it felt like I couldn't breathe. It would surely close up and I would die without anyone knowing until Saturday. 
  • I had to pee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment