Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So today is the day I finally start my long awaited hike by myself. The last two nights I have woken up thinking about how scary it's going to be at night when I'm alone. It's only three nights though. I hope I'll be fine. No one wants me to go. I told my dad (big mistake) as he went into this long story about how this women got murdered while hiking alone, but that was more than ten years ago. I shrugged it off. I mean what else could I do, not go just because now I felt fear? Now, if we never did anything because we were afraid of what could happen, we would never leave our houses and we might as well not be alive. Living, itself, is a fearful thing and anything can happen when you least expect it. So, anyways, I am heading off today around 12. My mom is dropping me off and possibly hiking a couple miles to start. I have it planned for four days but the first and last day are half days so it really comes out to be three days. Ben is supposed to meet me Saturday afternoon. The only thing that I'm nervous about (besides the nights) is my pack being too heavy. I haven't hiked with a pack for about seven months so I don't know how it will go. I'm thinking it weighs about 16 pounds, but not totally sure. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment