Tuesday, January 31, 2012

just got back from my first acupuncture experience and it was...interesting to say the least. i really couldn't grasp what he was talking about half the time, a bunch of Chinese words and wisdom but i found it all really helpful and interesting. when he finally did the treatment it was weird and not at all what i thought it would be. even though the needles were tiny tiny tiny they still hurt (yeah i'm a baby). it was like a small prick and then a really weird feeling for the whole time. i had one in each leg, each ankle, each arm and one on the top of my head. i could feel the ones on my left side more than the right side which he said was common. hopefully this will help me as i am open to it so we'll see!! i go back next week, but until then, he gave me some tips. the first, eating something hot for breakfast (which will be very hard for me since i'm not ready to give up my favorite yogurt), and he said to practice mindfulness, which i have tried before but he explained it in a more simple way so i'll give it a second chance! yay:)

No comments:

Post a Comment