Wednesday, April 20, 2011

so proud

I am very proud of myself! My goal at the start of the day was to listen to my body and eat what I wanted when I was hungry. And  did it! It wasn't easy, there were temptations and voices telling me to just go back to eating everything in order to get it out of the way, but I kept reminding myself that this is how normal people eat and that I could do it. The other big thing that I'm proud of myself for is the fact that I didn't count any calories! I just allowed myself to eat the foods that I felt like eating and not to worry about the calories. This wasn't easy either, as before, all I was doing was counting every calorie that I put in my mouth. I have to admit, there was a lot of silence in my brain, as I wasn't constantly obsessing over the calories and what I was going to eat next. There were times when I almost fell back into the trap of counting but I reminded myself that it wasn't worth it and that I didn't want to do that anymore. I know that I won't always feel this good about eating this way, as some days will be harder than others, but it's not supposed to be easy, like I would want it. I have to work at it, challenge myself, push myself. There's no quick fix. I have to want it and work for it. I believe, for once in my life, that I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment